Monday 14th March 2022
£500 per delegate
This course meets the General Dental Council's educational criteria for verifiable ECPD and 6.5 hours of verifiable ECPD points will be awarded.
BDS MSc MFDS RCPS (Glas) MRD RCS (Edin)
To provide an overview of technical and clinical considerations for the indirect aesthetic restoration. Objectives:
- Overview of ceramics
- Appreciation of an aesthetic approach to treatment
- Planning and execution of the veneer case
- Preparation and bonding protocols for laminate veneers
- Preparation and bonding protocols for ceramic onlays
Development Outcome C
The course will aim to provide an initial overview on various essential requirements in providing the optimal aesthetic result.
The importance of an accurate aesthetic diagnosis will be highlighted, with a logical progression from the examination stage to the delivery of treatment.
Aesthetic treatment often incorporates a compromise and the day will aim to highlight the causes of these compromises and when they can be acceptable and minimised or avoided.
An emphasis on the step-by-step approach to examination and the completion of a successful aesthetic result will form the theoretical component of the day.
The importance of soft tissue management and improving shade recording and communication will also be discussed, as will diagnostic tools.
Various forms of restorative treatment will be examined and the “hands-on” exercises will focus on the provision of indirect restorations, particularly all-ceramic restorations and bonding techniques.
There will be a demonstration of various preparations and delegates will have an opportunity to practice their operative skills on conventional and more innovative techniques.
Delegates will practice veneer preparations and understand indications for their use and variations in preparation design, including management of the contact zone.
This course meets the General Dental Council’s educational criteria for verifiable ECPD and 6 ½ hours of verifiable ECPD points will be awarded.
To book a place on the course please fill out the form below
We will then contact you to arrange payment of the non-refundable deposit.
MANDEC Course Terms and Conditions
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable in all instances.
- The full balance must be paid no later than 28 days prior to the course start date. Cancellations made after this point will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee (ie the full price of the course).
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Places will be allocated on receipt of the completed registration form and payment of the deposit.
Once the booking form and deposit have been received full confirmation will be sent out.
T: 0161-275-6719 or 0161-275-6645.