This course meets the General Dental Council’s educational criteria for verifiable ECPD and
6.5 hours of verifiable ECPD points will be awarded.
to help general dental or junior hospital practitioners to enhance their knowledge and surgical skills in oral surgery. This course hopes to improving their confidence to allow them to approach and undertake more complex cases in a confident manor.
- Enhance your knowledge of the anatomy and morphology of teeth and adjacent anatomical structures and relate them to minor oral surgery
- Enhance your basic oral surgery skills, including –
- Enhance your knowledge of the basic principles of the equipment used in exdontia and minor oral surgery.
- Enhance your knowledge of the basic principles of mucogingival flaps, their designs and when to use them.
- Enhance your knowledge of different sutures and suturing techniques, and when to use them.
- Understand how to anticipate and manage complications encountered during surgery
- Understand onsent issues in Oral Surgery.